Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fun in the Sun

Chapter Two: Write a memory of a family event or scene that had an impact on your growth and development. Think about the importance of the event, and what you learned from it that stays with you today.



With the everyday hustle and bustle of today’s society most families rarely sit down to talk or even eat a meal together. I have experienced this first hand with my family today. Growing up was a different story, as my family made sure that we would always spend time together. Every Sunday we would go to the beach, the big, the small, the old, and the young. The kids would enjoy making sand castles and holding contests of who could swim out the farthest. The laughter and chatter of the adults could be heard over the sound of them loudly slamming down dominoes and greenies. Everyone seemed to be oblivious to their everyday problems; they just lived in the moment. All of us together, as one. Those moments helped me to appreciate my family and the time we have together. Now I always make sure I take out time to do different activities with my family even if it’s not every day.

WC:162

No comments:

Post a Comment