Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Too Cool For School

 Chapter 3: Write a narrative from your school experience that encapsulates an important lesson you and perhaps others were able to learn. How did/has this experience shape(d) you?

I have always been very interested and passionate about my schoolwork. Always striving for the best and never settling for average, until I reached the ninth grade that is! My ninth grade year I attended a public school with more than 1,000 students. My ninth grade class alone had about 500 students! Coming from a small private catholic school  with a class of about 40, I was so not ready for this experience. I quickly became overwhelmed and lost. My priorities were placed on friends and socializing. I did my work but it was mostly mediocre work and I would spend most of my time texting in class or skipping class all together. I wasn't failing but my grades were not so hot. I went from being the president of my National Junior Honor Society and vice president of my eight grade class to an average mediocre student. It didn't matter to me much then but as I was approaching my senior year and getting ready to fill out college applications and class transcripts I saw how badly my grades had affected my GPA. What was most important was that I realized my mistakes and was trying to correct them before I left high school. I did a lot better my junior and senior year and even participated in AP classes. Looking back I can say that I have learned that no matter what, my academics and education should always be a priority in my life.
WC:246

No comments:

Post a Comment